To our valued patients,
Thank you for your patience and understanding these past few months. We want to inform you of the new changes concerning the patient experience at our clinic. We are following the health and safety protocols recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ontario Ministry of Health, the College of Optometrists of Ontario, and various Optometry and Ophthalmology Associations. Any changes have been made keeping in mind our top priority: the health and safety of our patients and our team..
Entry into the clinic is now by appointment only, no exceptions.
- Anyone who needs to come into the clinic must call ahead for an appointment (613-443-5550).
- This includes entry for eye exams, glasses and contact lens orders/ pick-ups/ adjustments.
- In preparation for your visit:
- You must bring a mask (disposable or reusable), which is to be worn at all times in the building (Note: children under the age of 3 exempt)
- You will be asked screening questions for COVID-19 symptoms
- Please come to your appointment alone (unless the patient is a minor, requires a support-person, a translator or a substitute decision maker)
- When you arrive:
- Please wait in your vehicle or in the parking lot and call 613-443-5550 to let us know you have arrived
- We will let you know when we can meet you at the front door.
- Leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle, including food & drink
- Please wear your mask
- You will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Visitor Questionnaire.
- Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer
- When you are confirmed entry, you will be required to sanitize your hands
- Vous serez ensuite accompagné à la réception, où des instructions supplémentaires vous seront fournies en fonction de la raison de votre rendez-vous.
- We will escort you to Reception and further instructions will be provided depending on the reason for your appointment
- Once in our clinic, please continue to respect physical distancing (2 metres) as much as possible.
- These procedures will also apply to any support-person accompanying the patient.
- Precautions we are taking:
- Personal protective equipment will be worn by staff
- We will be sanitizing between appointments using a medical grade disinfectant
- Following your appointment:
- Contactless payment is preferred (by credit or debit card)
- As we have done over the last few months, we are happy to mail glasses, contact lenses and other products. (Fees apply)
- Sanitize your hands again before you leave
There will be signs and instructions at the front door for those who may miss these new instructions.
We apologize for these inconveniences, but all must understand that these new changes are for everyone’s health and safety. We appreciate your loyalty and support.
Your Embrun Optometry Team